I have learned a lot in my 22+ years of experience of making games. I’ve served as Art Director and Lead Artist on multiple projects, managed a good deal of outsourcing, and served in many roles as a technical and production artist. I’ve made PC games, console games, mobile games, plug-n-play TV games, and MMOs, both old school and next-gen. This experience, combined with my strong art skills, technical skills with animation and graphics software, and my background in both commercial and fine art makes me an asset to any team and project. Also important are my strong background in math, games, music, my understanding of game art issues and game design, my enthusiasm for learning, teaching and mentoring, and my ability to solve technical art problems, and problems of many sorts.
As a Director and a Lead, I’ve learned to be strategic, highly collaborative, a good listener, and capable at sorting out solutions to people and organizational problems as well as visual and technical ones. I’ve grown more organized, motivated and motivational. I’ve calmed down. I enjoy working with creative people and helping each other learn as we make cool things together.
I keep a positive attitude, sense of humor, and work well in small or large groups. My drive and dedication to productivity and quality are tempered only by the pleasure I take in seeing and helping others’ ideas come to fruition. I find it personally rewarding to contribute to any of the areas of production, product quality, production efficiency, team morale, and working environment.
I served as Art Director at Merge Interactive for two years on a number of projects, including several hunting and fishing games, a Star Wars game, and a Duck Dynasty game. These were made with Unity, and with our own in-house tech, and were on several platforms: mobile (iOS and Android), Windows 8, and a few plug ‘n play TV games.
I served as a Lead Artist at Red Fly Studio, in Austin, Tx. for a cooking game for the Wii (I never thought I’d make a cooking game, but it turned out great!) that we made for the Food Network, published by Namco Bandai called Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked!
Other recent games I’ve been credited on at Red Fly are:
I previously worked at SpaceTime Studios, Sony Online Entertainment, Origin Systems, and Bootprint Entertainment.
Here are the games I’ve worked on:
- Star Wars: Clone Trooper (plug-n-play TV game) – Art Director – Merge Interactive
- Duck Commander (plug-n-play TV game) – Art Director – Merge Interactive
- Zombie Hunter: The Walking Dead (plug-n-play TV game) – Art Director – Merge Interactive
- Field ‘n Stream Fishing (Windows 8, Mac) – Art Director – Merge Interactive
- Big Buck Hunter Pro Adventure (Windows 8, Mac) – Art Director – Merge Interactive
- Bass Pro Shops: The Strike: Pro Angler (iOS) – Art Director – Merge Interactive
- Thor: God of Thunder (Wii, 3DS) – Character TD and Effects – Red Fly Studio
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Wii) – Character TD and Effects – Red Fly Studio
- Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked (Wii) – Lead Artist – Red Fly Studio
- GhostBusters (Wii) – Character TD – Red Fly Studio
- Mushroom Men (Wii) – Character TD, FX Artist – Red Fly Studio
- “Blackstar” (cancelled MMO) – Lead Character Production Artist– Spacetime Studios
- Star Wars Galaxies – Sony Online Entertainment
- Privateer Online (cancelled) – Origin Systems / EA
- Wing Commander Prophecy: SecretOps – Lead Artist – Origin Systems / EA
- Wing Commander Prophecy – Origin Systems / EA
- Wing Commander: Kilrathi Saga – Origin Systems / EA
- Silverheart (cancelled) – Origin Systems / EA
- Wing Commander 4 – Origin Systems / EA
- Wing Commander 3 – 3DO – Origin Systems / EA
- Wing Commander Armada – Origin Systems / EA
- Ultima 9 – Origin Systems / EA